I was sitting on the bed with my laptop on my lap; the boys and I were exploring Honduras on Google Earth, when suddenly, a blue screen with an error message came up and
I panicked! "What's happening?", I wondered.
Keeping my laptop on my lap, the boys and I fiddled with it, trying to get it to go again when suddenly I remembered that I had something very "dangerous" in my pocket: One of the guys in my Ground School class had given me a pair of very strong earth magnets, and -- mesmerised with their pull -- I had been keeping them in my pocket to fiddle with. It hadn't occurred to me that this habit could spell disaster for my laptop, or indeed, any other magnetically "charged" item nearby!
Happily, I made this realisation just in time, and removed said magnets from my pocket and put them in a safe place, thereby saving my laptop, bank card and various other "precious" items.